This page is currently in progress.
We are still conducting research for this community’s textile history and are looking forward to updating it soon!
If you have any stories, research, or photographs relating to the textile industry in Fairmount, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Contact Us page!
We currently have limited information on this community from Davison Blue Book textile directories and general research.
Businesses listed in Davison Blue Books:
- Fairmount Chenille Company — 1942 – 1947
- Russell-Lacey Chenille Company — 1953 – 1964
- Peachtree Carpet Mills — 1988 – 1991
- Rainbow Carpet Mills, Inc. — 1988 – 2010
- Lacey-Champion Inc. — 2005 – 2010
- Fairmount Chenille Company
- This company was formed in 1938 by E.D. Lacey and became a major employer in the area by the 1960s.
- Russell-Lacey Chenille Company
- A lifetime patent for an “apparatus for forming pile fabric” was filed by this company in the 1950s.