This page is currently in progress.
We are still conducting research for this community’s textile history and are looking forward to updating it soon!
If you have any stories, research, or photographs relating to the textile industry in Sugar Valley, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Contact Us page!
We currently have limited information on this community from Davison Blue Book textile directories, general research, and Southern Tufts: The Regional Origins and National Craze for Chenille Fashion by Ashley Callahan.
Businesses listed in Davison Blue Books:
- J.M. Muse Company — 1942 – 1978
- Tice Yarns, Inc. — 1980 – 1985
- Division of mill in Dalton, GA
- Aldon Area Rugs — 1988 – 1990
- Division of Aldon, Inc.
- American Rug Craftsmen — 1992 – 2010
- Division of Mohawk Industries
- J.M. Muse
- Assigned half of patent for candlewick tufting machine in 1941.
Information from Callahan’s Book:
- B.J. Bandy Company
- The Bandy couple started Bandy and Muse in 1920 with J.M. Muse, which produced candlewick spreads in Sugar Valley.