Although this community’s textile industry hasn’t been around as long as others, it still boasts textile corporations to this day.
Things to Do
- Shaw Industries RP Plant Tour Facility, 952 Industrial Boulevard: Stop by to take a tour of Shaw Industries’ new state-of-the-art facilities.
Places to See
The following properties are not open to the public, but you can view them from the exterior to learn more about the buildings that supported the textile industry here.
- Shaw Industries Plants LM, 47, and EG: These facilities show how to textile industries is still very much active within Ringgold.
Founded in 1847, as a shipping port along the West Atlantic railroad, the town of Ringgold’s textile industry began with Sweetwater Rug Company in the early 1940s. Later that same decade Caroline Chenille opened in downtown Ringgold. Despite the decline of textile labor across much of the region in the last decades of the twentieth century, Ringgold’s textile community continues to thrive today, with corporations like Propex Global and Shaw Industry’s Evergreen Ringgold branch.
Charter Trail Members
Resources to Explore
Click on the following links to learn more about this region.
- Facts for Kids
- Digital Library of Georgia
- Georgia Archives Virtual Vault
- Georgia Historical Society
- New Georgia Encyclopedia
Back to Community List